OreGairu, also known as My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, is one of the most popular and acclaimed romantic comedy anime series of the decade. The anime follows the misadventures of Hachiman Hikigaya, a cynical and pessimistic high school student who is forced to join the Volunteer Service Club by his teacher. There, he meets Yukino Yukinoshita, a beautiful and smart but cold and aloof girl, and Yui Yuigahama, a cheerful and friendly but naive girl. Together, they help other students with their problems, while also dealing with their own complicated feelings and relationships.
The anime is based on a light novel series written by Wataru Watari and illustrated by Ponkan8, which has 14 volumes and 3 side volumes. The anime has three seasons so far, each with 13 episodes. The first season aired in 2013, the second season in 2015, and the third season in 2020. The third season adapted the final volumes of the light novel series and concluded the story of Hachiman and his friends.
But will there be OreGairu Season 4? Is there any chance for a continuation or a spin-off? Here is everything we know so far about the possibility of OreGairu Season 4.
Will there be OreGairu Season 4?
Unfortunately, the answer is most likely no. OreGairu Season 4 is very unlikely to happen, as the anime has already covered all the source material available. The light novel series ended with volume 14 in November 2019, and the anime faithfully adapted it in the third season. There are no plans for the author to write more volumes or a sequel for the series. Therefore, there is nothing left for the anime to adapt.
Moreover, the anime itself was announced as the final season of the series, which means that the creators intended to end the story with season 3. The third season wrapped up all the major plot points and character arcs, and gave a satisfying conclusion to Hachiman’s romantic comedy snafu. There is no need to prolong the story or add more drama to it.
However, there is still a slight possibility that we might see some extra content related to OreGairu in the future. For instance, there are three side volumes of the light novel series that have not been adapted into anime yet. These are volume 6.5, 7.5, and 10.5, which contain short stories and bonus chapters that take place between the main volumes. These side volumes could be adapted into OVAs or specials that would give us more insight into the characters and their interactions.
Another possibility is that we might see a spin-off or an alternative version of OreGairu in the future. For example, there is a manga spin-off titled My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong as I Expected @comic, which is illustrated by Io Naomichi and follows a slightly different storyline from the light novel and anime. There is also a visual novel game titled My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!, which allows the player to choose different routes and endings for Hachiman’s love life. These spin-offs could be adapted into anime or games that would offer a different perspective or outcome for OreGairu fans.
OreGairu Season 4 Release Date
Since OreGairu Season 4 is very unlikely to happen, there is no official release date for it. However, if we assume that some extra content such as OVAs or specials will be made based on the side volumes of the light novel series, then we can expect them to come out sometime in 2023 or later. This is because it usually takes at least a year or more for an anime project to be produced and released.
If we assume that some spin-offs or alternative versions of OreGairu will be made based on the manga or game adaptations, then we can expect them to come out sometime in 2023 or later. This is because it usually takes even longer for an anime project based on a different source material to be produced and released.
Of course, these are just speculations and there is no guarantee that any extra content or spin-offs will be made at all. Therefore, we should not get our hopes up too high and just enjoy what we have already seen from OreGairu.
Where Can You Watch OreGairu?
If you want to watch or rewatch OreGairu, you can find all three seasons of the anime on various streaming platforms such as Amazon Prime Video, HiDive, Crunchyroll, and VRV. You can also buy the Blu-ray or DVD versions of the anime from online or physical stores.
My Teen Romantic Comedy Watch Order
The release order of Oregairu is the recommended way to watch it.
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (2013)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU OVA (2013)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too! (2015)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too! OVA (2016)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax (2020)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax OVA
OreGairu Season 4 Plot
Since OreGairu Season 4 is very unlikely to happen, there is no official plot for it. However, if we assume that some extra content such as OVAs or specials will be made based on the side volumes of the light novel series, then we can expect them to show some additional scenes and events that take place between the main volumes. For example, we might see some more club activities, school festivals, field trips, cultural exchanges, and other fun moments that involve Hachiman and his friends.
If we assume that some spin-offs or alternative versions of OreGairu will be made based on the manga or game adaptations, then we can expect them to show some different scenarios and outcomes that diverge from the light novel and anime. For example, we might see some different love interests, confessions, rejections, misunderstandings, and resolutions that affect Hachiman’s romantic comedy snafu.
OreGairu Season 4 Trailer
Since OreGairu Season 4 is very unlikely to happen, there is no official trailer for it. However, you can watch the trailer for the third season of OreGairu below, which shows some highlights and previews of the final season of the series.
OreGairu Characters, Cast & Anime Staff
I. Characters & Cast
The main characters of OreGairu are:
- Hachiman Hikigaya: The protagonist of the series, he is a cynical and pessimistic loner who has a twisted view of society and relationships. He is forced to join the Volunteer Service Club by his teacher, where he meets Yukino and Yui. He is voiced by Takuya Eguchi in Japanese and Adam Gibbs in English.
- Yukino Yukinoshita: The president of the Volunteer Service Club, she is a beautiful and intelligent girl who has a cold and aloof personality. She is often harsh and blunt towards others, especially Hachiman. She is voiced by Saori Hayami in Japanese and Jill Harris in English.
- Yui Yuigahama: A cheerful and friendly girl who is popular at school. She joins the Volunteer Service Club after being helped by Hachiman and Yukino. She has a crush on Hachiman and is good friends with Yukino. She is voiced by Nao Toyama in Japanese and Cat Thomas in English.
Some of the supporting characters are:
- Iroha Isshiki: A cute and manipulative junior who becomes the student council president with the help of Hachiman and Yukino. She has a crush on Hachiman and often teases him. She is voiced by Ayane Sakura in Japanese and Brittney Karbowski in English.
- Yumiko Miura: A popular and wealthy girl who is the leader of her clique. She initially dislikes Hachiman and Yukino, but later becomes friends with them. She is voiced by Marina Inoue in Japanese and Emily Neves in English.
- Hayato Hayama: A handsome and athletic boy who is the leader of his clique. He is admired by many girls, including Yumiko and Iroha. He has a complicated relationship with Hachiman and Yukino, as he knows them from their childhood. He is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama in Japanese and Blake Shepard in English.
II. Anime Staff
The anime staff of OreGairu are:
- Director: Ai Yoshimura (Season 1), Kei Oikawa (Season 2 & 3)
- Series Composition: Shotaro Suga (Season 1 & 2), Keiichiro Ochi (Season 3)
- Character Design: Yuu Shindou (Season 1), Yuichi Tanaka (Season 2 & 3)
- Music: Monaca
- Studio: Brain’s Base (Season 1), Feel (Season 2 & 3)