Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead is a horror comedy anime based on the manga by Haro Aso, the creator of Alice in Borderland. The anime follows Akira Tendo, a 24-year-old office worker who hates his job and has no life. When a zombie outbreak hits Japan, he sees it as an opportunity to finally enjoy himself and create a bucket list of things he wants to do before he dies.
The first season of Zom 100 premiered in July 2023 on Hulu in the US and Netflix in other regions. It consisted of 12 episodes that adapted the first four volumes of the manga. The anime was well-received by fans and critics for its hilarious and absurd premise, its colorful and dynamic animation, and its likable and quirky characters.
But will there be a second season of Zom 100? Here’s everything we know so far.
Will there be Zom 100 Season 2?
As of now, there is no official confirmation or announcement about Zom 100 Season 2. However, that doesn’t mean that the anime is canceled or over. There are several factors that could indicate the possibility of a second season in the future.
First of all, the manga is still ongoing and has 11 volumes as of January 2023. That means there is enough source material for at least another season or two of the anime. The manga is also popular and sells well in Japan and overseas, which could motivate the publishers to support more anime adaptations.
Secondly, the anime itself was a hit among viewers and critics, who praised its humor, animation, and characters. The anime also generated a lot of buzz and hype on social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit, where fans shared their reactions and memes about the show. The anime also ranked high on streaming platforms like Hulu and Netflix, where it attracted new and old fans alike.
Thirdly, the first season ended on a cliffhanger that left many questions unanswered and many plot threads unresolved. The last episode showed Akira meeting his childhood friend Kurumi, who had become a zombie hunter. It also teased the appearance of a mysterious group of survivors who seemed to have sinister intentions. The anime also hinted at some secrets about the origin and nature of the zombie virus that could affect Akira’s bucket list.
All these factors suggest that there is a high demand and potential for Zom 100 Season 2. However, it also depends on the availability and budget of the anime studio, Bug Films, which is also working on other projects like Komi Can’t Communicate. It also depends on the schedule and contracts of the anime staff and cast, who may have other commitments or obligations.
Therefore, we can only hope that Zom 100 Season 2 will be announced soon and that it will not take too long to produce. Until then, we can rewatch the first season or read the manga to enjoy more of Akira’s hilarious adventures in the zombie apocalypse.
Zom 100 Season 2 Release Date
Since there is no official announcement or confirmation about Zom 100 Season 2 yet, there is no official release date either. However, based on some assumptions and estimations, we can try to predict when Zom 100 Season 2 could come out.
Typically, it takes at least a year or more for an anime sequel to be produced and released after the first season ends. This depends on various factors like the length and complexity of the anime, the availability and budget of the studio, the schedule and contracts of the staff and cast, and the demand and popularity of the source material.
For example, Alice in Borderland, another manga by Haro Aso that was adapted into a live-action series by Netflix, took about two years to release its second season after its first season premiered in December 2020.
If we apply a similar logic to Zom 100, we can assume that Zom 100 Season 2 could come out sometime in late 2024 or early 2025, assuming that it is greenlit soon and that there are no major delays or complications in its production.
Of course, this is just a rough guess and not an official or confirmed date. We will update this article as soon as we get any official news or information about Zom 100 Season 2.
Where Can You Watch Zom 100?
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead is available to watch exclusively on Hulu in the United States and on Netflix and Crunchyroll in other regions. You can stream all 12 episodes of the first season with English subtitles or dubbing on these platforms.
If you want to read the original manga by Haro Aso, you can find it online on Viz Media’s website or app, where you can read the first three chapters for free and the rest with a subscription.
Zom 100 Season 2 Plot
Zom 100 Season 2 will likely continue the story of Akira Tendo and his bucket list of things he wants to do before he dies in the zombie apocalypse. The second season will probably adapt the fifth to eighth volumes of the manga, which cover more of Akira’s adventures and encounters with various characters and situations.
Zom 100 Season 2 Trailer
There is no official trailer for Zom 100 Season 2 yet, since the second season has not been announced or confirmed. However, you can watch the trailer for Zom 100 Season 1 below, which gives you an idea of what to expect from the anime.
The trailer shows Akira quitting his job and starting his bucket list, as well as some of the things he wants to do, such as confessing to Saori, partying with his friends, traveling around Japan, and having fun. The trailer also shows some of the zombies and characters that Akira will encounter, such as Kurumi, Kencho, Ririka, and others. The trailer also features the opening theme song “Zombie Party” by Kana Hanazawa.
Zom 100 Characters, Cast & Anime Staff
I. Characters & Cast
The main characters and cast of Zom 100 are:
- Akira Tendo (voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka): The protagonist of the series, who quits his job at Black Company after the zombie apocalypse and decides to live his life to the fullest by completing his bucket list. He is optimistic, cheerful, and adventurous, but also kind-hearted and loyal to his friends.
- Shizuka Miyamae (voiced by Haruka Tomatsu): A woman who runs a bar in Shinjuku and becomes Akira’s friend after he saves her from zombies. She is strong-willed, independent, and resourceful, but also compassionate and supportive of Akira’s goals.
- Kenichiro Aikawa (voiced by Jun Fukuyama): Akira’s best friend since high school, who works as a manga artist. He is timid, nerdy, and obsessed with zombies, but also brave and reliable when it matters. He joins Akira on his bucket list journey after escaping from his apartment.
- Saori Araki (voiced by Ayane Sakura): Akira’s former co-worker and crush at Black Company, who works in the accounting department. She is beautiful, smart, and diligent, but also cold and distant towards Akira. She survives the zombie outbreak with her boss Kurokawa.
- Kurokawa (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita): The president of Black Company and Akira’s former boss, who is ruthless, greedy, and abusive towards his employees. He becomes a zombie leader after being bitten by a zombie dog and develops intelligence and speech abilities. He seeks revenge on Akira for quitting his job.
II. Anime Staff
The main staff of Zom 100 are:
- Director: Kazuki Kawagoe
- Script Supervisor: Hiroshi Seko
- Character Designer: Kii Tanaka
- Zombie Designer: Makoto Miyazaki
- Music Composer: Yasuharu Takanashi
- Opening Theme Song: “Song of the Dead” by KANA-BOON
- Ending Theme Song: “Happiness of the Dead” by Shiyui
- Production Studio: BUG FILMS