‘Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2‘ is the sequel to the popular Season 1 and follows the life of Yuji Itadori who becomes a part of the world of Jujutsu Sorcerers. His journey begins when he becomes the vessel of Ryomen Sukuna, ‘King of Curses’, after consuming one of his 20 fingers.
Season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen revolves around Satoru Gojo and his days as a student at Jujutsu High. Season 2 will be adapted from the 6th arc of ‘Jujutsu Kaisen’ Manga, Gojo’s Past Arc. The anime will also adapt from the ‘Shibuya Incident Arc’ and will release on July 6, 2023.
The teenager, Yuji Itadori, who is the main protagonist of the show had a pretty normal life until he encountered Megumi and consumed one of Sakuna’s fingers.
What happens if Yuji consumes all of Sukuna’s fingers in Jujutsu Kaisen?
Ryomen Sukuna is the strongest sorcerer from 1000 years ago and after his death, he split his power into twenty indestructible finers. Ryomen Sukuna is the undisputed ‘King of Curses’ and is revived when Yuji consumes one of the fingers.
Each of Sukuna’s fingers contains immense amounts of power, but he is trapped within Yuji. Sukuna is a powerful curse with his own consciousness who desires to regain his form and take complete control of Yuji’s body.
As Yuji consumes more fingers, he becomes more powerful but the internal struggle becomes even tougher as Sukuna has more influence over him. Sukuna even has a Binding Vow with Yuji and he revives him under two conditions.
- Yuji would allow Sukuna to take over his body for one full minute when the cursed spirit would chant ‘Enchain’.
- Yuji will forget about the agreement with Sukuna.
Yuji agrees to the contract in exchange for Sukuna promising him that he would not kill or hurt anyone during the one minute.
Many Scenarios can arise if Yuji consumes Sukuna’s fingers, here’s a look at some of them –
1. Unleash Full Power – If Yuji were to consume all of Sukuna’s fingers, he could gain all of Sukuna’s powers, granted that he is the ideal vessel for him and he was not to lose his human form. Yuji could become the ultimate sorcerer if he manages to control Sukuna after consuming all his fingers.
2. Original Form – Sukuna could gain his original form of 1000 years ago, but this would mean one thing, Yuji’s death. Well, the anime would not go any forward if the main protagonist of the show got killed.
3. Retaliation – Fans will remember that in Season 1, Gojo took Yuji under his care with the promise that if he were to lose control over Sukuna, he will have no choice but to kill him. If Sukuna does manage to take complete control over Yuji’s body, we can expect all the sorcerers from Jujutsu Kaisen High to go after Sukuna.
Source – Jujutsu Kaisen Fandom