- “Mythic Quest” is getting both a 3rd and a 4th season from Apple TV+.
- The total of 10 new episodes of the 3rd season will start on Friday, November 11 in the Apple TV+ program.
- Unfortunately, fans will have to do without F. Murray Abraham in the new episodes. The actor is withdrawing for personal reasons.
The successful comedy series “Mythic Quest” from Apple TV+ has been extended by two seasons. Following the release of the first trailer, the streaming service has now finally announced the start date for the new episodes.
Is there a release date for Mythic Quest season 3?
Season 3 of the Apple TV+ series was confirmed early on. Now we also finally have an official start date for the new episodes. On Friday, November 11, 2022, the workplace comedy will go into the third round.
Previously, the actors Rob McElhenney and Anthony Hopkins had announced the extension of the series in a video, but only narrowed down the time period to 2022.
Is there a trailer for Mythic Quest season 3?
At San Diego Comic-Con 2022, a trailer for the 3rd season of “Mythic Quest” was finally released. In it, you can see what happens next with Poppy and Ian after they leave Mythic Quest and run GrimPop Studios together.
David, meanwhile, must salvage the shambles that is Mythic Quest. With Jo by his side, who is now his assistant again, he now learns what it’s really like to be the boss. Brad returns from prison and makes a fresh start as a janitor.
Mythic Quest Season 3: Storyline
After Ian and Poppy get back together, there are a lot of changes ahead. Namely, the two have quit Mythic Quest and are looking for a new game idea together. Meanwhile, David has secured Jo again as his assistant to keep Mythic Quest running.
Brad, meanwhile, is back from prison after taking the fall for Jo’s insider trading. So, unlike before, the season will take place in multiple locations. In addition to the Mythic Quest office, we now see how things are going at Poppy and Ian’s new company GrimPop Studios. We also take a detour to Berkely University, where Rachel begins her studies.
Mythic Quest Season 3: Cast
Most of the cast members will return in their familiar roles. Meanwhile, it is not known if season 3 of “Mythic Quest” will also feature new faces.
- Rob McElhenney (“Fargo”) as Creative Director Ian Grimm
- Charlotte Nicdao (“Thor: Judgment Day“) as lead developer Poppy Li
- David Hornsby (“Good Girls”) as executive producer David Brittlesbee
- Danny Pudi (“Community”) as Head of Monetization Brad Bakshi
- Jessie Ennis (“Love”) as Jo
- Imani Hakim (“Everyone Hates Chris”) as game tester Dana
- Ashly Burch (“Final Space”) as game tester Rachel
- Naomi Ekperigin (“Single Parents”) as Carol
You’ll have to say goodbye to F. Murray Abraham (“The Orville“) as lead writer C.W. Longbottom in upcoming episodes, unfortunately. A spokesperson for Lionsgate, the studio producing the series, confirmed in a statement to industry publication Vanity Fair: “F. Murray Abraham will not be returning for the third season of Mythic Quest. Beyond that, we do not comment on personnel matters.”
Mythic Quest Season 3: Production
Creators of the series are main actor Rob McElhenney himself, as well as Charlie Day (“Hotel Artemis”) and Megan Ganz (“Modern Family”). Due to the end of season 2, which would have also worked as a series finale, fans were unsure for a long time whether season 3 was planned.
Presumably, the sequel was delayed because McElhenney and Day were busy filming another season of their series “It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia.