Heartland is a Canadian family drama series that follows the lives and adventures of the Fleming-Bartlett family on their ranch in Alberta. The show is based on the Heartland book series by Lauren Brooke and has been airing on CBC since 2007. Heartland is one of Canadian television’s longest-running and most popular shows, with millions of fans worldwide.
The show has recently completed its sixteenth season, comprising 15 episodes, and aired from October 2021 to March 2023. The season finale left fans with many questions and emotions as they witnessed major changes and developments for their favorite characters. Will there be a Heartland Season 17? What will happen next for Amy, Ty, Jack, Lou, and the rest of the Heartland family? Here is everything we know so far about Heartland Season 17.
Will there be a Heartland Season 17?
Heartland is a Canadian family drama series that has been running since 2007. The show follows the lives of the Fleming-Bartlett family, who run a horse ranch in Alberta. The series has been renewed for a 17th season, which is expected to air on CBC in Fall 2023.
However, the exact premiere date has not been announced yet. Fans of the show can stream the previous seasons on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and UP Faith & Family. Heartland Season 17 will likely be available on these platforms a few months after its broadcast on CBC.
How Many Seasons Does Heartland Have?
Heartland has 16 seasons so far, with a total of 239 episodes. On Netflix, Most countries currently have seasons 7-15 of Heartland. However, in the United States, Netflix only has seasons 1-14, while Canadian Netflix also has Seasons 15. The show premiered on October 14, 2007, and has been airing every year since then. The show has also spawned a spin-off series called Hudson, which focuses on the lives of some of the secondary characters from Heartland.
Is Heartland Season 17 on Netflix?
Heartland Season 17 has been announced will premiere its episodes on CBC and will also be available to watch via streaming on Netflix. It will most likely be on Netflix USA in 2025.
What is the Ending of Heartland?
Heartland Season 16 ended with a lot of drama and emotion for the main characters. The season finale saw Amy and Ty reunite after Ty’s long absence due to his work with wildlife conservation in Mongolia. However, their reunion was bittersweet, as Ty revealed that he had contracted a rare and incurable virus while saving an endangered snow leopard. Ty asked Amy to spend his last days with him at Heartland, where they shared some precious moments with their daughter Lyndy and their friends and family.
Meanwhile, Lou decided to run for mayor of Hudson after being inspired by her successful podcast and her desire to make a difference in her community. She faced some challenges and opposition from her rival candidate Mitch Cutty, who tried to sabotage her campaign and expose her secrets. However, Lou overcame these obstacles and won the election with the help of her supporters and her new boyfriend Scott Cardinal.
Jack and Lisa also had some difficulties in their relationship, as Lisa felt neglected by Jack’s busy schedule and his involvement with Amy and Ty’s situation. Lisa decided to take some time away from Heartland and visit her daughter in France. Jack realized how much he missed Lisa and decided to surprise her by flying to France and proposing to her again.
Georgie also had significant changes in her life, as she accepted an offer to intern at an equestrian center in Brussels. She said goodbye to her family and friends at Heartland and left with her boyfriend Quinn. However, before leaving, she also received some shocking news from her biological father Clint Morris, who revealed that he had another daughter named Maya.
Is Heartland coming back in 2023?
Heartland Season 17 has yet to be officially renewed. However, if it is renewed, Heartland Season 17 will likely be released in fall 2023. Both seasons 15 and 16 of the show were announced in June and released in October. Many sources believe that the series will be renewed and that Heartland season 17 will premiere in October 2023 or sometime in the fall of 2023.
Heartland Season 17 Release Date:
Heartland fans are eagerly waiting for the streaming release date of season 17, which is likely to be in Fall 2023. This is based on the previous seasons’ release patterns, but it is not official yet.
The show has been a hit since its debut on Oct 14, 2007, and season 16 wrapped up on Feb 5, 2023. After that, CBC renewed Heartland for season 17, and the filming started in May. Seasons 15 and 16 both premiered in the Fall, so it is reasonable to expect that season 17 will follow the same trend.
We think that season 17 could be available for streaming by October 2023, or even sooner. However, this is only a guess based on the current information. We will update this story as soon as we get more details.
Season 17 will likely feature Amber Marshall as Amy Fleming, Ruby, and Emanuella Spencer as Lyndy Fleming, Michelle Morgan as Lou Fleming Morris, Gabriel Hogan as Peter Morris, Shaun Johnston as Jack Bartlett, Jessica Steen as Lisa Stillman, Chris Potter as Tim Fleming, Michelle Nolden as Jessica Cook, Kerry James as Caleb Odell, Baye McPherson as Katie Fleming-Morris, and Ava Tran as Parker Yang.
Heartland Season 17 Plot: What’s next?
Heartland Season 17 Plot: What’s next?
The beloved Canadian family drama Heartland is returning for its 17th season, and fans are eager to know what’s in store for the characters they have grown to love.
- Amy (Amber Marshall) will face new challenges as a horse healer, a mother, and a wife. She will also have to deal with a mysterious newcomer who has a connection to her past.
- Ty (Graham Wardle) will continue to pursue his dream of becoming a wildlife veterinarian, but he will also struggle with balancing his work and family life. He will also have to cope with the loss of his mentor and friend Scott (Nathaniel Arcand).
- Lou (Michelle Morgan) will run for mayor of Hudson, hoping to make a positive change in her community. She will also have to navigate her complicated relationship with Mitch (Kevin McGarry), who has returned to Heartland after a long absence.
- Tim (Chris Potter) will face some health issues that will force him to reevaluate his priorities. He will also have to deal with the consequences of his actions regarding his estranged son Shane (James Dugan).
- Jack (Shaun Johnston) and Lisa (Jessica Steen) will enjoy their retirement and their role as grandparents. They will also have to deal with some unexpected visitors who will shake up their peaceful life at Heartland.
- Georgie (Alisha Newton) will pursue her passion for show jumping, but she will also face some tough competition and some personal dilemmas. She will also have to decide what she wants for her future with Quinn (Michela Luci).
Here are some of the questions that the new season will hopefully answer:
Will Amy be in season 17 of Heartland?
Yes, Amy Fleming, played by Amber Marshall, will be back in season 17 of Heartland. Marshall confirmed her return on Instagram, saying that she is “so excited to share more stories with you all.” Amy is the heart and soul of Heartland, and her bond with horses is unparalleled. Fans can expect to see more of her adventures as a horse whisperer, a mother, and a wife.
Is Ty returning to Heartland in season 17?
Sadly, no. Ty Borden, played by Graham Wardle, died in the season 14 premiere, leaving Amy and their daughter Lyndy heartbroken. Wardle decided to leave the show after 13 seasons, saying that he felt it was time to move on. However, he also said that he will always be grateful for his time on Heartland, and that he hopes Ty’s legacy will live on through the other characters.
Will Jack be in season 17 of Heartland?
Yes, Jack Bartlett, played by Shaun Johnston, will be in season 17 of Heartland. Jack is the patriarch of the Bartlett-Fleming clan, and the owner of the Heartland ranch. He is a wise and caring grandfather, who always has a word of advice or a joke to lighten the mood. Fans can look forward to seeing more of his relationship with his grandson Tim, his girlfriend Lisa, and his great-granddaughter Lyndy.
Heartland Season 17 Cast: Who’s in it?
The cast of Heartland Season 17 has yet to be officially announced, but we can assume that most of the main actors will reprise their roles unless there are any unexpected departures or scheduling conflicts. Here are some of the actors who are likely to return for Heartland Season 17:
- Amber Marshall as Amy Fleming
- Ruby and Emanuella Spencer as Lyndy Fleming
- Michelle Morgan as Lou Fleming Morris
- Gabriel Hogan as Peter Morris
- Shaun Johnston as Jack Bartlett
- Jessica Steen as Lisa Stillman
- Chris Potter as Tim Fleming
- Alisha Newton as Georgie Morris
- Greg Hovanessian as Quinn
- Kerry James as Casey McMurtry
- Julia Maren Baker as Katie Morris
Some of the actors who might join or rejoin the cast of Heartland Season 17 are:
- Graham Wardle as Ty Borden
- Nathaniel Arcand as Scott Cardinal
- Cindy Busby as Ashley Stanton
- Kaitlyn Leeb as Cassandra Fay
- Megan Follows as Lily Borden
- Jessica Amlee as Mallory Wells
Where can I watch Heartland?
Heartland is available to watch on various platforms depending on your location. In Canada, you can watch Heartland on CBC Television or CBC Gem. Watch Heartland on UPtv or UP Faith & Family in the United States. Watch Heartland on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video in the United Kingdom. In Australia, you can watch Heartland on Netflix or ABC iview. You can check your local listings or streaming services in other countries for availability.
Heartland Season 17 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
There is no trailer or teaser for Heartland Season 17 yet. However, you can watch the trailer for Heartland Season 16 below to refresh your memory or catch up on what you missed.
Similar Shows Like Heartland
If you are a fan of Heartland, a Canadian family drama series that follows the lives and challenges of the Fleming-Bartlett ranching family, you might be looking for similar shows to watch. Here are some suggestions that you might enjoy:
- Virgin River: A Netflix original series based on the novels by Robyn Carr, Virgin River tells the story of Melinda Monroe, a nurse practitioner who moves to a remote town in California to start over after a personal tragedy. There she meets Jack Sheridan, a former Marine who runs the local bar, and other quirky characters who make up the tight-knit community.
- Chesapeake Shores: A Hallmark Channel series adapted from the books by Sherryl Woods, Chesapeake Shores follows Abby O’Brien, a successful career woman who returns to her hometown in Maryland to reconnect with her family and her first love, Trace Riley, a musician who owns a struggling music venue. The show explores the complex dynamics of the O’Brien clan, who have their own secrets and struggles.
- When Calls the Heart: Another Hallmark Channel series inspired by the books by Janette Oke, When Calls the Heart is set in the early 1900s and centers on Elizabeth Thatcher, a young teacher who leaves her privileged life in the city to teach in a coal mining town in the Canadian West. There she meets Jack Thornton, a handsome Mountie who is assigned to protect the town from outlaws. The show depicts the challenges and joys of life on the frontier, as well as the romance between Elizabeth and Jack.