Hey, Netflix, listen up. I’m a huge fan of Castlevania and I’m dying to see more of it. Don’t make me wait any longer or I’ll unleash my wrath on your HQ like Isaac did on that zombie-infested town in season 4. Trust me, you don’t want that.
If you haven’t watched Castlevania yet, you’re missing out on one of the best vampire shows on Netflix, scratch that, one of the best shows on Netflix ever. It has stunning animation, complex characters, and tons of gore and action. What else could an anime lover ask for?
Another season, that’s what.
But will Castlevania season 5 ever happen?
That’s like asking if vampires are really alive. The answer is “kind of.”
Castlevania as we know it—the epic saga of monster slayer Trevor Belmont, the fiery mage Sypha, and the brooding half-vampire Alucard who makes me feel things I can’t explain—will NOT be coming back for a fifth season. Why not? Because they have been through enough. Let them have some peace and happiness for once.
But don’t worry, Netflix is not done with Castlevania yet. They are giving us a whole new spinoff series with a different cast of Castlevania characters who will face their own horrors and challenges in a dark and twisted world: Castlevania: Nocturne.
Will there be Castlevania Season 5?
No, there will not be Castlevania: Season 5. Netflix confirmed that the fourth season was the last one for the main storyline. However, Netflix also announced they are working on a spin-off series set in the same universe with an entirely new cast of characters.
Castlevania Season 5 Potential Plot: What’s next?
Castlevania’s fourth and final season concluded with a satisfying and emotional ending for most of the characters. Dracula and Lisa were resurrected and reunited, Trevor and Sypha got married and had a son named Richter, Alucard found peace and friendship in his castle, Hector and Lenore escaped from Carmilla’s tyranny, Isaac redeemed himself and became a leader of night creatures, and Saint Germain sacrificed himself to stop Varney from unleashing Death.
However, some loose ends could still be explored in a potential fifth season or a spin-off series. For example, what will happen to Carmilla’s sisters Morana and Striga, who were last seen fleeing from Isaac’s army? What will become of the Infinite Corridor, the mysterious portal to other dimensions that Saint Germain used? What are the origins and motivations of Death, the powerful entity that manipulated Varney and Saint Germain? And what new threats will emerge in the Castlevania universe?
Castlevania Season 5 Cast: Who’s in it?
Since Castlevania: Season 5 is not happening, we will not see the return of the original cast members. However, some might reprise their roles in the spin-off series Castlevania: Nocturne. The main cast of Castlevania includes:
- Richard Armitage as Trevor Belmont
- James Callis as Alucard
- Alejandra Reynoso as Sypha Belnades
- Theo James as Hector
- Adetokumboh M’Cormack as Isaac
- Jaime Murray as Carmilla
- Graham McTavish as Dracula
- Emily Swallow as Lisa Tepes
- Jessica Brown Findlay as Lenore
- Yasmine Al Massri as Morana
- Ivana Milicevic as Striga
- Bill Nighy as Saint Germain
- Gildart Jackson as Flyseyes
Castlevania Season 5 Release Date: Speculation!
Since Castlevania: Season 5 is not happening, it has no release date. However, we can speculate on when the spin-off series Castlevania: Nocturne might premiere on Netflix. The first season of Castlevania debuted in July 2017, followed by the second season in October 2018, the third season in March 2020, and the fourth season in May 2021. Based on this pattern, the spin-off series will arrive sometime in late 2024 or early 2025.
Similar Shows Like Castlevania
If you are looking for similar shows like Castlevania to watch on Netflix or other platforms, here are some recommendations:
- Blood of Zeus: A Netflix original anime series that follows the story of Heron, a demigod son of Zeus who must fight against a demonic army that threatens to destroy Olympus.
- Arcane: A Netflix original animated series based on the popular video game League of Legends that explores the origins and conflicts of two iconic champions from different regions of Runeterra.
- The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf: A Netflix original anime film that serves as a prequel to The Witcher live-action series and focuses on the backstory of Vesemir, Geralt’s mentor and fellow witcher.
- Love, Death & Robots: A Netflix original anthology series that showcases various genres and styles of animation in short stories that explore themes such as love, death, robots, and more.
- Dota: Dragon’s Blood: A Netflix original anime series based on the popular video game Dota 2 that follows the adventures of Davion, a dragon knight who gets involved in a cosmic conflict between ancient forces.